Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Droid Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Phone only boots up into Android Recovery

I followed the instructions to root my phone.. but someone missed the part of copying over the kernel file.. so had CWM installed via Odin and had it booted it and made a recovery.. but now after i copied the missing files.. the phone will only boot up in Android Recovery.. not CWM.. Has anyone experienced this or no how i can boot up into it so i can complete the root? Any help would be appreciated

Thank you !

2. Ads

jdpeters79
    Hi Blake, and welcome. Did you follow this guide? How To: ROOT your Droid Charge

We just updated it today in fact. Read it through a couple times if you haven't already.

Not sure exactly what you copied over, but I'd start the process over again. If you are on the latest update (stock) from VZW, you don't necessarily have to install the kernel as the updated guide points out.

DROIDINATOR
    Member #
    Liked
    1713 times
    Quote Originally Posted by blake1383 View Post
    I followed the instructions to root my phone.. but someone missed the part of copying over the kernel file.. so had CWM installed via Odin and had it booted it and made a recovery.. but now after i copied the missing files.. the phone will only boot up in Android Recovery.. not CWM..
    Hey Blake. Actually the kernal wasn't missed in the guide. Because of the latest fp1 update (an ota update was released and I'm assuming you received the notification) it takes the build from ep4 to fp1. So if you flash the kernel you will overwrite the fp1 kernel with the imo kernel (which is an ep4 build). The problem is this will cause the wifi to not work due to compatibility issues.

If you want to root with stock bloated rom you need to install cwm, flash super user then reboot. Once rebooted you'll need to rename a system file to keep the stock recovery from overwriting cwm.

Look over the rooting guide here and follow the directions carefully and you'll be all set.

http://www.chargeforums.com/forum/droid-charge-hacking-guides/1264-how-root-your-droid-charge.html#post8357
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Droid Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Okay will try everything again tonight.. But i didn't install the super user either... so hopefully I can get it to boot in CWM... cause everytime i try to boot up now it only goes into Android recovery. Thank you for your help!

DROIDINATOR
    Member #
    Liked
    1713 times
    Youll need to start from the very beginning now and reinstall CWM with Odin. You'll want super user on your we card. You'll need to flash su if you're keeping stock bloated. If you're flashing nitro's debloated deodexed stock package, you don't need to flash su, but recommend having it on your ad card.But carefully read over the guide as it spells it all out on our new guide. But please don't hesitate to hit us up if you're not sure on something or run into some problems. There's lots there so it can seem daunting at times.

Droid Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    1 Connect your Android phone and enable USB debugging
    2 Analyze your Android phone
    After the USB debugging, reconnect your phone if you are asked to disconnect it during the setting.Here you need to bear in mind that your phone's battery is more than 20% charged, and then you can click "Start" to let the program analyze your Android phone.
    3 Scan your Android See? Once you running the program - Android Recovery, your phone will back to normal.

Droid Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    The only data I lost from my android phone. For that, I just find one useful tool from google .It is Coolmuster. That way,help me recover lost android phone data And it really hep me more !
    Last edited by Egspriinn; 03-25-2015 at 07:45 PM.

Droid Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by alicegreen22 View Post
    1 Connect your Android phone and enable USB debugging
    2 Analyze your Android phone
    After the USB debugging, reconnect your phone if you are asked to disconnect it during the setting.Here you need to bear in mind that your phone's battery is more than 20% charged, and then you can click "Start" to let the program analyze your Android phone.
    3 Scan your Android See? Once you running the program - Android Recovery, your phone will back to normal.
    Nice reply. I have tried it. I find it can also recover deleted text messages from Android

Droid Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    The only data I lost from my android phone. For that, I just find one useful tool from google .It is Androidphonesoft. That way,help me recover lost android phone data And it really hep me more !
    You need to get the phone into download mode and flash new recovery image.
    Last edited by Sumorgre; 08-02-2016 at 03:03 AM.

Droid Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    If your phone boots up into android recovery mode, you can try android data recovery tool, it can fix this problem and recover data.
    Last edited by nacute11; 09-14-2017 at 08:37 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads