Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: stuck in boot loop on stock phone, need to recover data

Droid Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    295 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nos1989 View Post
    thanks dwitherell! yeah after thinking about it i figured i would be able to be in su mode once i plug in the phone to the computer when it is in the CWM recovery menu. i did that and it worked! i now have a '#' symbol when im in the shell!!
    next question, i guess i dont really need to fully root the phone, temp root is fine for what im trying to do, im just trying to dump my contacts and sms data to my computer. do i need to mount the data folder for that? is that where its located? when i do it and type 'ls -l' in shell it shows that it's 0 bytes
    Hmm... Did you mount /data in cwm first? If so it should say unmount in the mounts and storage menu.

2. Ads

Droid Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dwitherell View Post
    Hmm... Did you mount /data in cwm first? If so it should say unmount in the mounts and storage menu.
    yeah
    i can see all the folders within /data/data, i believe the one i need is com.android.providers.contacts but there is nothing in it. do i need to do anything else to maybe gain read permissions within the folder?
    Last edited by nos1989; 05-20-2012 at 09:14 AM.

Droid Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    295 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nos1989 View Post
    yeah
    i can see all the folders within /data/data, i believe the one i need is com.android.providers.contacts but there is nothing in it. do i need to do anything else to maybe gain read permissions within the folder?
    Not that I am aware of - sorry I couldn't be more help.

jco
    curious to see what happened here - if you were able to resolve it? regarding contacts, if you had the VZW backup assistant, then you should be able to recover your contacts online when signing in to your account.

if you are able boot up your phone, you can get an app that allows for data and contact backup like Lookout .

Droid Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    hi, i'm having a similar problem, my phone can't seem to get past the droid red ring part. in the past few months it has wiped its self and set it self back to factory setting. im kinda at a loss, the verizon website refuses to get me a phone number to contact, and i'm peeved about it. i have no clue what to do.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    415 times

Re: stuck in boot loop on stock phone, need to recover data

So you said your phone "factory resets" itself? That's odd.. I guess you could try a "Return to Stock" according to the guide I linked. I would try with and without the Pit file.

Here is the link. http://www.chargeforums.com/forum/droid-charge-hacking-guides/727-flashing-roms-return-stock-odin-picture.html#post4140

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by tmanschuette; 02-21-2013 at 06:43 AM.

Tweaked 3.2
    All Beta'd Out
    Runnin' PBJ
    Hey I'm here to help.
    If you have any questions,
    feel free to PM me.

Droid Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Turning the phone off will prevent any other data from being written to the same memory locations as where the pics used to be. Once other data is written to those locations then recovery is pretty much impossible.
    By default, G+ automatically backs up all the images on your device, unless of course you turned it off. If you have no idea what we are talking about then I would guess you probably didn't turn it off. Log into your G+ account (you automatically have one since you have a google account) and check out your pictures. Good chance that every pic you ever took is in a private folder there!
    Other than that, did you try connecting to USB and using Android Recovery to recover? Not sure if there are many that would recover from a media device or not. My 2 personal favs would be Pandora Recovery or Piriform's Recuva. Both are free but I don't know off hand if they will recover from your phone.
    Last edited by alexanderfagan; 12-12-2013 at 11:48 PM.

Droid Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    As a careless person,such as I,many Android mobile phone users are not careful to delete their SMS text messages and Contacts, or lost photos and videos after restoring factory settings, flashing ROM, rooting, etc., from SD cards inside Android mobile phone.After formatting the the SD card on your Android,you may lost photos from the SD card on your Android phone.
    Please don’t worry now! Actually, all you lost data are still on your Android phone or SD card for Android.You can’t find the lost files back without recovery tool. The only way is to use a Android data recovery software so that you can get back SMS,Contacts or Photo&Video from your Android mobile Phone.Before I try to use a few similar function of the software, but the effect is not ideal, through the friend introduction later I used the software Samsung Android Phone Recovery.
    Last edited by tracyswift11; 12-15-2013 at 07:05 PM.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Android File Recovery app as a Powerful Data Recovery Software for Android Smartphones.
    It can help you Recover deleted or lost contacts and SMS text messages directly from your Android smartphone.
    Restore photos, video, audio files and document from SD cards inside your Android device, no matter they are lost because of factory resetting, accidently deleting, flashing ROM, rooting, etc.
    In additon, you can preview and selectively restore Android photos, messages and contacts.

Droid Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by alexanderfagan View Post
    Turning the phone off will prevent any other data from being written to the same memory locations as where the pics used to be. Once other data is written to those locations then recovery is pretty much impossible.
    By default, G+ automatically backs up all the images on your device, unless of course you turned it off. If you have no idea what we are talking about then I would guess you probably didn't turn it off. Log into your G+ account (you automatically have one since you have a google account) and check out your pictures. Good chance that every pic you ever took is in a private folder there!
    Other than that, did you try connecting to USB and using Android Recovery to recover? Not sure if there are many that would recover from a media device or not. My 2 personal favs would be Pandora Recovery or Piriform's Recuva. Both are free but I don't know off hand if they will recover from your phone.
    Thank you... I use the tool and recover my data. So good!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads