+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: ozmail

Droid Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Well so much for the problem being fixed. I didn't get any from Sept. 23 until yesterday (Oct 2nd). Got 3 yesterday. So the fun has begun again!

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    131 times
    Have you considered using a replacement email app from the market?? Honestly I will not use the stock apps for anything. I am using k-9 for all my emails and I have never gotten any of these ozmails. You may want to consider looking into a replacement email app.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    247 times
    Quote Originally Posted by scojo60 View Post
    Well so much for the problem being fixed. I didn't get any from Sept. 23 until yesterday (Oct 2nd). Got 3 yesterday. So the fun has begun again!
    Quote Originally Posted by dlwhtrose View Post
    Have you considered using a replacement email app from the market?? You may want to consider looking into a replacement email app.
    I've read on other forums where people have had issues with ozmail. It appears to be a quirky email app. You've been struggling with this since you started this thread so I agree with Rose and really think you should look into using another app for email. You have several options besides ozmail.....

Droid Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BuilderBob View Post
    I just got off the phone with Verizon and they eliminated this pesky email from my phone. The explanation I got was that I went from a not so smart phone that accepted emails to a 4G smart phone. It is an automatic thing that it still thinks you have a non-smart phone!

1 800 922-0204
    ^^^ I had the same issue, to elaborate a bit:
    The ozmail text messages aren't really supposed to come through as text messages at all; They were an alert to your old 3G e-mail app to give you the "new mail" notification. To stop them, you have to disconnect your email from the app prior to upgrading to a 4G phone or call Verizon directly and have them turn off the notifications if you've already upgraded.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    247 times
    Good to have you here Ishie!

Thanks for the input and welcome to our community! Ozmail has created issues for a lot of people so I'm sure this will be helpful information.

Ads