I know this Official Gingerbread 2.3.6 OTA hasn't came to many of our Samsung Droid Charge. Some complain that it is Samsung and Verizon. Well, I wanted to compiling a list of changes that I have visually noticed and some other changes that haven't visually noticed with screenshots and information posted in this topic. Feel free to post your own screenshots or info if I have missed anything. Please try to minimize duplicate screenshots of the same ones. Either if its from you or another member.
So what have you noticed so far?
1. When in the application page, I notice now that you can loop it. Meaning instead of going though how many pages you have. I have 8 pages of applications. Before you had to either go through the order 1-8 each page at a time. Once you got to the 8th page, I had to go backwards just to get to page 1. Now you can instantly switch from page 8 to page 1 with just one swype of the application page.
2. When opening and closing different home screen pages, going from home screen to settings page, or application page seems to be a lot faster than it was on Froyo 2.2.1 update.
3. I tried GPS on the way to work this morning, didn't see any improvement of the common GPS loading problem. Still took a few minutes to search for GPS signal.
4. Doesn't seem like much theme change, besides a few Icons and notification being updated such as GMAIL, VOICEMAIL, etc. Still sort of ugly brown and orange theme. Didn't like how that was updated like many Gingerbread releases from other manufactures.
5. Correct me if I am wrong, but never noticed that you send group text messages before on Froyo. Let me know.
6. Still have to wait a few days whether the 3G/4G issues got fixed. Will update ASAP.
7. It seems like the performance of my Droid Charge has increased a whole lot. Did yours?
8. My pattern lock changed. It now sort of vibrates and is green when sliding my pattern in. Some reason I cannot get a screenshot of it while the phones locked.
9. Auto rotate still doesn't work on home screen page, only in text message, or an application. Was hoping it would allow me to rotate my phone sideways and all the home screen widgets and shortcuts rotate too.
10. When trying to add a widget by clicking and holding home screen. The widget/shortcut popup screen loads a lot quicker.
Overall, I believe this update was more internal than external or visual change.