Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: WiFi very sporadic

Droid Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times

WiFi very sporadic

Hey guys. Just a few days ago, my Charge WiFi isn't really working anymore. I changed nothing: home network info, IP address, etc. all same. Now all I get at the top in the notification bar is the green and orange data connection arrows. My WiFi signal is strong. When I have WiFi selected I just keep getting "No connection" but all indications show otherwise. Any ideas or help greatly appreciated

2. Ads

Super Moderator/Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    724 times
    Hi thep. Is this just at home or do you connect to wifi elsewhere with the same issue?

If just at home you may want to reboot your router. I have had that where my phone and wifi are at odds while my computer has a strong signal.

*** I BE TAPIN! ***
    ofcrlawless likes this.
    I cut corners till I break it.
    If I help you break it, I will help you fix it...promise!

99.97% Success Rate
    Devices I have hacked, modded and owned: Original Droid / DX / Fascinate / Charge / TBolt / Razr / Gnex / Xoom / Kindle Fire

jco
    could be some text is stuck in your proxy address under wifi settings (probably from a rogue app). did you change your wifi password?

DROIDINATOR
    Member #
    Liked
    1713 times
    Like Buddy and JCo mentioned we need a little more info. When you say all indications show otherwise, what do you mean? Is it just the data arrows and wifi signal?

Do you get no connection error in everything? Or just specifics, like browser and market? What about apps that use data, do those also say no connection?

If its just your browser, JCo's suggestion will most likely take care of the issue.

Droid Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Sorry guys... I should have provided more info... So far it's just at home.. Haven't been any where else to test wifi. First opportunity i will. I get the orange and green data arrows flashing on and off with a 3 or 4 bar wifi signal strength. All applications that can run on wifi give me the same no data connection message even though the signals and arrows show otherwise. I may reset the router... Don't like to do that though cause everything else on my network is working just fine... I'd hate to create more problems but I will if I have to. I checked the text box in wifi settings for proxy and it is empty. This only started 2 days ago. No power outages, all other components on my network work just fine... It's just my Charge misbehaving all of the sudden. I hope this helps you help me. Love this forum thanks for the timely replies guys... Much appreciated!

Super Moderator/Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    724 times
    Of course try the proverbial 10 minute battery pull. But if that doesnt work and it started out of nowhere...I think either accepting a 4G life or rebooting the router.
    I cut corners till I break it.
    If I help you break it, I will help you fix it...promise!

99.97% Success Rate
    Devices I have hacked, modded and owned: Original Droid / DX / Fascinate / Charge / TBolt / Razr / Gnex / Xoom / Kindle Fire

DROIDINATOR
    Member #
    Liked
    1713 times
    +1 on battery pull.

Something else to try (and I know this is going to sound crazy even for me), but check your date and time to make sure it's accurate.

Droid Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewer View Post
    +1 on battery pull.

Something else to try (and I know this is going to sound crazy even for me), but check your date and time to make sure it's accurate.
    30+ minute battery pull no luck. Forgive my ignorance but what or why do you mean check date and time. Both check correct.

DROIDINATOR
    Member #
    Liked
    1713 times
    My wife had an issue with wifi on her galaxy tablet and it came down to the date and time getting off. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Refresh my memory, are you rooted? if so, are you on a custom rom?

Droid Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewer View Post
    My wife had an issue with wifi on her galaxy tablet and it came down to the date and time getting off. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Refresh my memory, are you rooted? if so, are you on a custom rom?
    Brewer, not rooted... All stock. Phone's been working great-this just started 2 days ago. I guess I rather have WiFi inop instead of 3/4G right?! Don't want to get a new phone because of this. I'm still waiting for VZW to release a 4G LTE global capable phone. I really love my Charge.

Ads