+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Droid Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

I want my weather widget back!

I got annoyed with my weather widget and dragged it to the delete option. Now I want it back, or at least I want some kind of weather/clock widget back on my home page. I've downloaded Accu Weather, Weather Bug, and one or two more, but I don't know how to create a widget for any of them. I've tried poking around in their menus when they're selected, but I can't find an option for putting a nice 1/4 - 1/3 page widget back on my home page.

2. Ads

Droid Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jmarks View Post
    I got annoyed with my weather widget and dragged it to the delete option. Now I want it back, or at least I want some kind of weather/clock widget back on my home page. I've downloaded Accu Weather, Weather Bug, and one or two more, but I don't know how to create a widget for any of them. I've tried poking around in their menus when they're selected, but I can't find an option for putting a nice 1/4 - 1/3 page widget back on my home page.
    To get the original one back (Weather Bug Clock) go to a clear area on one of your home screens and press and hold until the "add to home screen" dialog pops up. Then choose widgets > scroll down and select WeatherBug Clock. You can also try one of the other two as well, but the weatherbug clock is the original one.

Droid Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks. I had tried that, but I chose "WeatherBug" instead of "WeatherBug Clock" and got nothing but an icon. Now I have the clock & weather back. ONE PROBLEM, and it's the reason I tossed the thing in the trash to start with: it's giving me the weather for Mocksville NC, and I'm not in Mocksville. Heck, I'm not even in NC. I've tried refreshing it, I've enabled "current location", "GPS" "Follow Me" and "Use network" -- but I still get the temperature etc for Mocksville. Any ideas??

Droid Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    There should be a little gear or something to click on to so that you can set your location.

I use beautiful widgets and like it a lot. The clock / weather widget is nicer than stock IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Droid Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Each app has several different widgets to use. Weather bug has a few of different sizes. If you open the app you can change your location from there, but maybe not FROM the widget.

Droid Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I had the Droid Incredible for a while and LOVED the weather widget it had... it updated AUTOMATICALLY.. I can't seem to get the same results from the built-in widget from the Charge.. any suggestions?

Droid Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Do you have any of the location services turned on in location settings? If they are all off, the app can't find your location.

Droid Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Every now and then mine will tell me I'm in Tennessee. I'm in Florida! Check to see if there's an update for the app. I've noticed that's when it usually goes buggy for me, then the next update will fix it.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    247 times
    That's so weird to hear these problems. I have never had any kind of issue like these. I use Weather Bug the most because I like the UI. I may not be a "pretty" as some of the apps I've tried but I've found it to be very accurate with the forecast and most importantly....where I really am! Lol.

CR6
    Droid Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    161 times
    You may want to give "3D Digital Weather" widget a try. It's by far the best weather/clock widget I've tried, and I've tried em all. It's got a bunch of set up options, my favorite being the ability to set it up so when you touch the "hour" it opens up any app you like, and you can also set up the "minutes" to open an app as well. (my hours opens up Tapatalk and my minutes opens up the tv guide) Give it a try if you get a chance....free on the Market.

Ads