+ Reply to Thread
    Droid Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Phone says charging whne its not.

Hi I was wondering if any one can offer any help . Last night was really the second time I got to use my Charge. ( old contract w another provider is almost done) I have 2 quirks I sent a lot of pictures to my son of the dog he gave me . After about 5-6 pictures when I took another and tapped image viewer nothing happened had to exit camera and come back to it. Second issue battery was down to 18% my phone said charging. I did not have it charging. I was sending text to my son. Each time the phone locked between replies it said charging and sometimes it said connect to charger. Any advice, does it need to be changed out or looked at . Thanks I appreciate any help. Anthony

2. Ads

DROIDINATOR
    Member #
    Liked
    1713 times
    Hey Anthony, you're phone is stock correct?
    Regarding camera haven't had that glitch. But an occasional glitch isn't out of the norm (that's any phone not just the charge). If it continues, go to settings, application, manage applications, and under the "all" tab find the camera app clear data and cache.

That is weird with the charging. This may seem really odd, but pull the battery for a full ten min (no cheating lol) the put back and reboot. A battery pull has fixed countless odd issues like this.

Sent from my SCH-I510

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Droid Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi Brewer , thanks for your help. Yes my phone is stock. Ill pull battery for 10 mins. It will probably take more to un do the case lol. If it continues What would you recommend . Ive had tons of other quirks with other devices and it was fixed some were not if this persist. Would you take it back? Im near my 14 day exchange.

DROIDINATOR
    Member #
    Liked
    1713 times
    Ive had odd things with the stock camera, dont think id swap phone out for that. The charging thing isn't right. Since the phone is only a few days old i wouldnt try anythinh else with trying to fix it if the battery pull doesnt work. You can obviously swap it out within 14days but isn't it $70? I'd personally ask for a replacement as that shouldn't be happening. They may tell you to do a hard reset but who knows. Hopefully they'll just swap it out since its a matter of days old and already having issues.

Sent from my SCH-I510

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Droid Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    thanks I just pulled battery ill wait full 10 minutes then Ill have to wait for battery to get close to dead that's when I noticed the charge issue. Ill call Sams club thats where I got it. Also I bought on the 24th of April im cutting it too close. Ill let you know. Again thanks.

jco
    you should be able to get a new battery - could be a dud.

Droid Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    A dud battery would make it say charging while its almost dead? Is there a way to check condition of battery

jco
    there might be some apps that could tell you that, but not sure if there is any non-rooted way.

I have heard of a method whereby you take a picture, and if the phone freezes up, you then plug in the phone and take another picture. if the phone does NOT freeze up, then you've got a dud battery. but that method is far from scientific nor absolute.

basically, if after a full charge your phone dies down and shuts off completely relatively quickly, then you probably have a dud. I read that you got it from sams club, so not sure if you need to contact them or samsung for a new battery (or even VZW).

since your service is with VZW, I would certainly call them first and tell them that you battery drains very quickly.

but here's what i would do, let it drain down and power off by itself. then, turn it on and then plug it in. let it charge (uninterrupted, i.e. do not unplug it, but you can use it a little bit if needed). once you get the pop up that the charge is 100% complete, unplug it and use it as normal. be sure to log down the time you unplugged it.

once it drains down and powers off, right down the time it turned off, as well as the usage (apporximately how much time you spent on the device, whether you had a data connection, and if so, what kind - 3G,4G, or wifi). try to be as specific as possible.

as a benchmark, you should get about 12 hours on just 4G with moderate usage. but this depends greatly on the apps you have installed and whatever background stuff you've got going on.

see our battery performance thread: Battery Performance

for more details and similar topics discussed.

this whole process should take you about a day or two, so please report back and let us know

hope this helps,

Droid Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok well Sams club swapped phone. And guess what when I get down to 19% charge remaining it says phone is charging then alternates to connect to charger. A call to Samsung was useless , while the "tech" was friendly he actually told me they never had any cell phone issues especially the Charge! yeah ok . Told me send it in would only take about 3 weeks or so for repair. I called Verizon and their Tech was 100% up front said all phone have issues and either sams got a bad batch or its a glitch. Sams did not sell this batch out yet so I dont want to go to that headache again. Ive tried battery pull reset etc. I did try 1 thing I pulled battery while it was on, then connected to charger then put it on. I read that somewhere. Ill post once it gets down to that level again. Thanks for your help.

Ads