Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Receiving old text messages combined with new ones

DROIDINATOR
    Member #
    Liked
    1713 times
    Hrgoodrow,

First off welcome.

A couple things, as I understand still, this issue is an issue with android. It occasionally still happens to me but it occurs most often with longer texts as you mentioned and with an aggressive texting pattern (that is many back and forth texting with a particular person). It never happens to me with the occasional text here and there.

I would also like to mention that this site is for the Samsung Droid Charge and that's what we support. Please feel free to visit our sister site for more specific advice for the RAZR: Droid RAZR Forum
    tmanschuette likes this.
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

2. Ads

Droid Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    My wife has HTC Rhyme and sometimes time when she sends me a text, I'll get a duplicate a minute or two later-often after I have already replied back to the initial text. Seems that when it happens, it will happen for that entire conversation while an hour or so later it may not. Thought maybe I am in between two towers and am getting the texts from both. I dunno.

Droid Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    272 times
    FYI he was never talking about an iPhone. This whole forum is about the Verizon Droid Charge, an Android phone made by Samsung for Verizon.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    -Rich
    TweakedLite beta, Stock FP8 kernel
    An engineer thinks the glass is twice as big as you needed
    01 Suzuki Intruder 800

Droid Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    272 times
    There's a weird echo in this thread...

From my Vzw GS4 with Hyperdrive
    -Rich
    TweakedLite beta, Stock FP8 kernel
    An engineer thinks the glass is twice as big as you needed
    01 Suzuki Intruder 800

Droid Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Don't know how related or unrelated this is but I just lost all my messages about 30 minutes ago. I'm doing a restore right now to retrieve deleted text messages on android. Only thing that was going on at the moment when it happened was that Lookout was doing its thing scanning everything.
    Last edited by BrendaHawk; 02-28-2016 at 11:10 PM.

Droid Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I found a solution that works on my 4s 32 gb . .

If it's really annoying as it is for me when I want to do a Spotlight search on my phone and all these annoying OLD Text msg. keep appearing .
    Especially if it's someone that you are in a constant text messaging frenzy etc etc.. receive about 100 from that Friend .

What worked for me was : write down your contact on paper info etc.. etc.. then go to your address book on your Iphone and DELETE that contact . traces all seem to disappear. then go back and add them in manually and still no msgs appear .

P.S. By the way I don't like the idea of going into your settings an unchecking what you don't want to appear in Spotlight , this is not a viable solution for people trying to hide msgs , anyone knowing their way around an IPhone will simply reselect text msg. see all old msg etc... etc..

I hope this solution works for ALL facing this issue .

Cheers

Droid Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    If you were using your Android device the way it was intended (default settings) then contacts should be synched to the cloud via your Google account (Gmail). When you enter your Google login info during setup on any new or reset device, the contacts should then automagically sync back to the phone.

Texts are a different matter. It would be cool if the recovery tool suggested in the response above works to retrieve text messages from Android. But if the info was so important to you, why weren't you backing it up?
    Last edited by garyherrick; 05-25-2014 at 07:47 PM.

Droid Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    This works nicely on Android 6.0

Droid Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by garyherrick View Post
    If you were using your Android device the way it was intended (default settings) then contacts should be synched to the cloud via your Google account (Gmail). When you enter your Google login info during setup on any new or reset device, the contacts should then automagically sync back to the phone.

Texts are a different matter. It would be cool if the recovery tool suggested in the response above works to retrieve deleted text messages from Android. But if the info was so important to you, why weren't you backing it up?
    In case deleted text are not covered by new data, we can use Android recovery tool to get them back.
    Last edited by Xkoiul; 06-23-2016 at 03:18 AM.

Droid Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hrgoodrow View Post
    I have the same exact problem with my boyfriend. I have an iphone 4 and when I text his Droid Razr he recieves old text messages gumbled with my new text message. It is super confusing and really frustrating; I've been looking but have found no solution/ answer. It usually only happens when I send him long text messages.
    I am afraid that i can not help you ,but if you want to retieve lost messages from your iPhone , as iPhone user , you can scan the iPhone device ,the text message will be covered unless you get them back as soon as possible
    Last edited by Kaetery; 03-22-2017 at 07:38 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads