Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

Droid Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin030908 View Post
    you can root. its reversible just as it is with any other android.
    question: how was your dinc not under warranty when you rooted?

btw.. the Charge flies if you root and apply the voodoo lag fix.

-a Voodoo Charged post-
    Huuummm. I know it's reversible, but if you brick it and can't fix it, then they won't replace it, if they find that you rooted it. My DInc was over 1 year old went I rooted it. It was out of warranty and I didn't have insurance. The Charge is new, and under warranty and I picked up the insurance, because I sold my DInc and I'm selling my POS iPhone. I have an old phone that I could use to get by until the replacement arrives from the insurance, if I break it, loose it, or get it stolen. If I brick it and they can find out why I bricked it, then it's not covered.

Now, how's the tether program after rooting? I have Easy Tether and it works on and off. Just like my bluetooth. It works on and off.

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Quote Originally Posted by scottysize View Post
    Huuummm. I know it's reversible, but if you brick it and can't fix it, then they won't replace it, if they find that you rooted it. My DInc was over 1 year old went I rooted it. It was out of warranty and I didn't have insurance. The Charge is new, and under warranty and I picked up the insurance, because I sold my DInc and I'm selling my POS iPhone. I have an old phone that I could use to get by until the replacement arrives from the insurance, if I break it, loose it, or get it stolen. If I brick it and they can find out why I bricked it, then it's not covered.

Now, how's the tether program after rooting? I have Easy Tether and it works on and off. Just like my bluetooth. It works on and off.
    duh... outside of the 12 months on your dinc.... my brain fart .

i understand your warranty concern tho. I just cant go without root. removing the bloat was alone worth it!

its tough to brick a device IMO.

tethering (mobile hotspot) works the same not rooted/rooted. i would advise against rooting to get free tethering... vzw is cracking down hard.
    -a Voodoo Charged post-

Droid Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Just picked up my Charge today. Switched over from Sprint to Verizon. Previously had a Blackberry Curve and before that a Samsung Instinct. I'm hoping I like the virtual keyboard. I hated it on the Instinct. I keep hearing that the keyboards are vastly improved since my first experience.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Quote Originally Posted by blondie View Post
    Just picked up my Charge today. Switched over from Sprint to Verizon. Previously had a Blackberry Curve and before that a Samsung Instinct. I'm hoping I like the virtual keyboard. I hated it on the Instinct. I keep hearing that the keyboards are vastly improved since my first experience.
    touch screen keyboards have come a long way. the samsung keyboard is great and swype is vastly improved on the charge.

-a Voodoo Charged post-

Droid Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin030908 View Post
    touch screen keyboards have come a long way. the samsung keyboard is great and swype is vastly improved on the charge.

-a Voodoo Charged post-
    Haven't quite figured out the "Swipe" thing yet...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Quote Originally Posted by scottysize View Post
    Haven't quite figured out the "Swipe" thing yet...
    definitely takes some getting used to but with practice you can fly with swype. its not perfect but it does a great job for the most part.

-a Voodoo Charged post-

Droid Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello all... this is my first smart phone device and I'M LOVIN IT!!!!! Had it about a 4 days now. Playing with it, I've figured a few things out for myself. Some of the questions I have so far are... how to transfer data to the SD card? and what is SIM where the contacts are concerned? Thank you for your patience and look forward to some awesome relationships...

Droid Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillip View Post
    Hello all... this is my first smart phone device and I'M LOVIN IT!!!!! Had it about a 4 days now. Playing with it, I've figured a few things out for myself. Some of the questions I have so far are... how to transfer data to the SD card? and what is SIM where the contacts are concerned? Thank you for your patience and look forward to some awesome relationships...
    Sim card is only for 4G and has nothing to do with contacts. Verizon doesn't use a sim card. Gmail is your contacts or you can use Verizon's backup program. At least, that's how it was before with my Incredible.

As for the SD Card, plug your USB cable and phone into your computer.

That's it. Nothing more. Just plug it in and away you go. You do not have access the internal phone memory from your computer. Only the SD Card. If you want access to your internal memory, you have to use a file program like ES File Explorer.

Droid Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Picked up my Charge on the 4th of July from Verizon. I'm trying to learn and customize it for my needs, but I'm concerned about security. I'll post in another section i guess. This is my 1st smart fone. I'm coming from the Voyager LG.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Hello and welcome to all of you who have joined us! Jump in, enjoy, ask questions as ya have them and participate when ya can!!
    Failure isn't falling down, it is staying down.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads