Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 239
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

  1. #1
    Administrator
    Member #
    1
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Liked
    18 times
    Posts
    42

    Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

    ChargeForums.com is a friendly community dedicated to the new Samsung Droid Charge Android Phone.

    Our goal is to be the place to go to when you have Samsung Droid Charge questions or problems or discuss it in general.

    To keep the place friendly, we ask that every new member post up an introduction thread letting us know a little bit about themselves, their current (and future) cell phones/devices, etc.

    Please help us keep this site friendly and informative! Thanks in advance.
    aphrose, ofcrlawless and mddexter like this.

  2. Ads


  3. #2
    Droid Lurker
    Member #
    318
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Liked
    1 times
    Posts
    23
    Picked up my new Charge 1 week after release. Had to return my 1st one the next day due to a reboot issue. Returned the 2nd one 1 day short of the 14 day return period, due to the 3g data issue. The 3rd phone so far has been a joy . Coming from the HTC Eris , which was rooted and still used for browsing and listening to music. I do not plan on rooting the Charge , as of now. Hope to meet many happy users of this device and that we can work out any issues before they become painful .
    aphrose likes this.

  4. #3
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    6
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    Liked
    6 times
    Posts
    212
    Welcome Gemro!

  5. #4
    Droid Lurker
    Member #
    431
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    CT
    Liked
    0 times
    Posts
    28
    Hello all,

    I'm picking up the Charge tonight at Costco, $180. I have had my eye on this for a while but price was a major concern. I know there are high expectations for the Bionic, but with anticipated arrival around the same time as Iphone5, I don’t need to jump on its arrival. This is my first Droid, coming from a Blackberry Tour. Needless to say, I can't wait to get my hands on the Charge, and I'm looking forward to the web browsing. Just have a few entry level questions, not sure if this is the right place to post but here goes:

    - I have always used a skin to protect the Blackberry - but with the Charge having plastic on the case, do you recommend a hard case or will a skin suffice?
    - Do I need a screen protector (first touch screen, no idea if one is necessary)
    - What is the preferred app for the LED indicator light?
    - In terms of battery life and charging - I have always charged the phone once it was on the last bar, never when it was still half full. Does this matter?
    - I'm sure I will be bombarded with hundreds of aps, but what are the most popular?
    - Anyway to uninstall or delete the Verizon VCast?

    Many thanks in adv for any help you can provide - looking fwd to the Charge!

  6. #5
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    148
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Liked
    30 times
    Posts
    512
    Quote Originally Posted by ackack View Post
    Hello all,

    I'm picking up the Charge tonight at Costco, $180. I have had my eye on this for a while but price was a major concern. I know there are high expectations for the Bionic, but with anticipated arrival around the same time as Iphone5, I don’t need to jump on its arrival. This is my first Droid, coming from a Blackberry Tour. Needless to say, I can't wait to get my hands on the Charge, and I'm looking forward to the web browsing. Just have a few entry level questions, not sure if this is the right place to post but here goes:

    - I have always used a skin to protect the Blackberry - but with the Charge having plastic on the case, do you recommend a hard case or will a skin suffice?
    - Do I need a screen protector (first touch screen, no idea if one is necessary)
    - What is the preferred app for the LED indicator light?
    - In terms of battery life and charging - I have always charged the phone once it was on the last bar, never when it was still half full. Does this matter?
    - I'm sure I will be bombarded with hundreds of aps, but what are the most popular?
    - Anyway to uninstall or delete the Verizon VCast?

    Many thanks in adv for any help you can provide - looking fwd to the Charge!
    id recc. a hard case... the charge is a plastic shell. its vey thin and light (which makes the additional size added by a case bearable) so its nice to carry around... but i dont see it being very resilient to drops and what not.

    the charge is rumored to have gorilla glass (in which case a screen protector is necessary) but no one can seem to confirm it and i dont know anyone willing to test... so i say yes to a screen protector.

    the app NOLED is really the only option to have a visual notification reminder.

    the batteries arent affectes if you charge at certain percentages. i charge mine regardless of whats left... ive seen no ill effect... nor did i see any with my previous D1.

    apps... theres plenty of threads/discussions to help you out id be here all day trying to sum it up. lol

    you can remove/freeze the bloatware apps on your device but it requires you root the device. there are guides how to do so on the forum... if you decide to we can help you out.
    -a Voodoo Charged post-

  7. #6
    Droid Lurker
    Member #
    445
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Liked
    0 times
    Posts
    5
    New Samsung Droid Charge owner (o/a 10 Jun 11); joined seeking -- first -- solution to USB connectivity failure (target pc is W2k/win32). Yeah, not very interesting or forthcoming, but...
    Last edited by wheels; 06-24-2011 at 09:14 AM.

  8. #7
    Administrator
    Member #
    230
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Liked
    13 times
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    New Samsung Droid Charge owner (o/a 10 Jun 11); joined seeking -- first -- solution to USB connectivity failure (target pc is W2k/win32). Yeah, not very interesting or forthcoming, but...
    Have you updated the drivers...you can get the drivers download here...

    Get Downloads, Firmware, Manuals and Software for Samsung SCH-I510RAAVZW
    Failure isn't falling down, it is staying down.

  9. #8
    Droid Lurker
    Member #
    496
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Liked
    0 times
    Posts
    2
    Just got my Charge today, coming from the Motorola Droid. I don't live in a 4g area yet, but figured I'd be ready. Hope I like this phone!

  10. #9
    Droid Informant
    Member #
    530
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Liked
    0 times
    Posts
    83
    Picked up the Charge Wednesday. Stepping up from the Verizon iPhone. Loved the iPhone, hated the IOS. Before that I had a DInc and a D1. Love them both. I'd say the DInc was my favorite. I would have bought the DInc 2, but no 4G. I plan to buy the Bionic when it finally comes out and give the Charge to my wife. Until then, I'm trolling your forums trying to make it the best I can. I bought the Weather & Toggle Wiget so that I could have my HTC clock back, and picked up ADW.Launcher so that I could modify my themes. So far I'm happy, but coming from a "Rooted" DInc, I'm use to things being more open and available to setup the way I like them. I can't root this one because it's under warranty.

  11. #10
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    148
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Liked
    30 times
    Posts
    512
    Quote Originally Posted by scottysize View Post
    Picked up the Charge Wednesday. Stepping up from the Verizon iPhone. Loved the iPhone, hated the IOS. Before that I had a DInc and a D1. Love them both. I'd say the DInc was my favorite. I would have bought the DInc 2, but no 4G. I plan to buy the Bionic when it finally comes out and give the Charge to my wife. Until then, I'm trolling your forums trying to make it the best I can. I bought the Weather & Toggle Wiget so that I could have my HTC clock back, and picked up ADW.Launcher so that I could modify my themes. So far I'm happy, but coming from a "Rooted" DInc, I'm use to things being more open and available to setup the way I like them. I can't root this one because it's under warranty.
    you can root. its reversible just as it is with any other android.
    question: how was your dinc not under warranty when you rooted?

    btw.. the Charge flies if you root and apply the voodoo lag fix.

    -a Voodoo Charged post-


 
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

droid charge on page plus
,

droid charge on pageplus

,

how to manually program droid charge

,

manually program droid charge

,

rx networks pgps

,

rx networks pgps seed

,
rx networks pgps seed downloader
,

rx pgps seed downloader

,

samsung charge on pageplus

,
samsung charge page plus
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.